Launch Series 7 has matured on 18 December 2017. It paid a 18.4% Final Coupon, even though the S&P/ASX200 was only up 16.99% over the term.
Launch Series 7
Sequoia Launch Units give Investors with a positive view, the ability to make a leveraged investment with exposure to the Australian share market as measured by the S&P/ASX 200 Price Return Index and the benefit of a 100% Limited Recourse Loan with Prepaid Interest for the 3 year Investment Term of $0.162 (5.40% p.a. per Unit).
Sequoia Launch Units Work Like This:
At the Maturity Date, Investors may receive a Final Coupon dependant on the performance of the Australian share market as measured by the S&PASX200 Price Return Index (Series 7) (the “Reference Asset”). The Final Coupon return will be calculated based on these movements.
How is the Final CouponIf the Reference Asset Ending Level is above the Reference Asset Starting Level, the Final Coupon per Unit will be $1.00 multiplied by the greater of:
- 18.4%; and
- the performance of the Reference Asset during the Investment Term subject to a Performance Cap of 36%*.
(*For Series 8, these amounts will be adjusted for the AUD/USD exchange rate movement.)
The payment of the Final Value and the Final Coupon at Maturity is summarised in the diagram below:
17 December 2014
Reference Asset Starting Level (S&P/ASX200)
Launch Series 7 (ASX200) Performance
|Date||Reference Asset Level||Indicative Strategy Value||Indicative Unit Value*||Performance|
|18-Dec-2017||Matured||Matured||Matured||18.4% (Final Coupon)|
* Unit Value: Investors please not this is a theoretical investment maturity value. This investment is designed to be held to maturity. Any investors seeking to redeem prior to maturity may recieve an amount significantly different to the Indicative Unit Value stated.
- Your return is affected by the performance of the Reference Asset. There is no guarantee that the Reference Asset will perform well.
- There is no guarantee that the Units will generate returns in excess of the Prepaid Interest, Application Fee, Currency Management Fee (Series 8 only) and Adviser Fee (if any) during the Investment Term. Additionally, in the event of an Investor requested Issuer Buy-Back, Early Maturity Event or if you elect to repay your Loan before the Maturity Date, you will not receive a refund on Prepaid Interest, Application Fee, Currency Management Fee (Series 8 only) and Adviser Fee (if any).
- There will be no Final Coupon payable at Maturity if the Reference Asset Ending Level is the same or less than the Reference Asset Starting Level (i.e. the performance of the Reference Asset is flat or negative).
- Payment of the Final Coupon and the Final Value depends on the Issuer meeting its obligations and the Hedge Counterparty’s ability to meet their obligations under the Hedge. Investors are subject to counterparty credit risk with respect to the Issuer and the Hedge Counterparty.
- Gains (and losses) may be magnified by the use of a 100% Loan. However, note that the Loan is a limited recourse Loan, so you will never be required to pay more than the Prepaid Interest, Application Fee, Currency Management Fee (Series 8 only) and Adviser Fee (if any).
- The Units may mature early following an Early Maturity Event, including as a result of an Adjustment Event or Market Disruption Event or, if your request for an Issuer Buy-Back is accepted. If the Units are subject to Early Maturity for any reason, you will not be entitled to a refund of any Prepaid Interest, Application Fee, Currency Management Fee (Series 8 only) or Adviser Fee (if any) paid in relation to the Units.