JBG Income Enhancer Series 2
The JBG Income Enhancer Series 2 is a three year investments offering Investors exposure to:
- the price of gold bullion (Series 2) as measured the Gold Spot Price (London Gold Market Fixing Ltd – LBMA PM Fixing Price/USD).
Series 2 offers attractive income returns plus growth potential when the Reference Assets is trending sideways, rising or slightly falling.
If you would like exposure to the the price of gold bullion (Series 2), but expect the returns to remain relatively flat, you can significantly enhance your potential portfolio yield and growth by investing in JBG Income Enhancer Series 2.
Fixed Coupons —Series 2
Final Value at Maturity
Four fixed Semi-Annual Coupons calculated as the equivalent of 9.0%p.a (for Series 2) of the Initial Issue Price per Unit. The Semi-Annual Coupon will apply regardless of the choice of exposure made on the Commencement Date).
The Strategy Value is calculated on each Calculation Date (i.e. the Commencement Date, each monthly anniversary of the Commencement Date (or if that date is not a Scheduled Business Day, the next Scheduled Business Day) and on the Maturity Date) by:
- calculating the Monthly Return which is subject to a performance cap of 4%. The Monthly Return is the minimum of 104% and the change in the Reference Asset Closing Price since the last Scheduled Business Day that the Monthly Return was calculated; and
- multiplying the Monthly Return with the product of all previous Monthly Returns. The effect of this is that returns on the Reference Asset are compounded.
A Knock-in Event occurs if on the Maturity Date, the Strategy Value is below the Knock-in Level.
70% of the Initial Strategy Value
The Final Value per Unit at Maturity will depend on whether or not a Knock-in Event has occurred, which is determined by the performance of the Strategy Value.
- If a Knock-in Event has occurred, the Final Value per Unit will be equal to $1.00 * Final Strategy Value / Initial Strategy Value. Investors will be exposed to the negative performance of the Strategy Value at Maturity.
- If the Strategy Value is at or above the Knock-in Level but at or below the Initial Strategy Value, the Final Value per Unit will be $1.00 per Unit (i.e. the Initial Issue Price per Unit).
- If the Strategy Value is above the Initial Strategy Value, the Final Value per Unit will be equal to $1.00 * Final Strategy Value / Initial Strategy Value.
Weekly liquidity available (subject to JBG Structured Investments complete discretion.
 The Monthly Performance Cap for a Series 2 was set at 104% as per the PDS.
 This means that if the Strategy Value has fallen 100% over the Investment Term, the Final Value will be zero and Investors will have lost their Total Investment Amount (being the Issue Price per Unit and any Application Fee Paid).
- Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- Supplementry Product Disclosure Statment (SPDS) – 18 March 2013
- Investor Notice – Amendment to the Commencemnent Date – 3 April 2013
- Investor Notice – Confirmation of Monthly Observation Dates – 16 April 2013
Initial Strategy Value
5 April 2013
3 October 2013
3 April 2014
3 October 2014
3 April 2015
Income Enhancer - Series 2 (Gold) Performance
|Date||Reference Asset Level||Monthly Return||Strategy Value||Indicative Unit Value*|
|5 April 2013||222||100||$1.00|
|7 May 2013||1,444.25||-7.89%||92.11|
|5 June 2013||1,404.00||-2.79%||89.54|
|28 June 2013^||$0.7582|
|5 July 2013||1,212.75||-13.62%||77.34|
|5 August 2013||1,304.75||4.00%||80.44|
|5 September 2013||1,385.00||4.00%||83.66|
|7 October 2013||1,323.50||-4.44%||79.90|
|5 November 2013||1,307.25||-1.23%||78.96|
|5 December 2013||1,222.50||-6.48%||73.84|
|6 January 2014||1,246.25||1.94%||75.27|
|5 February 2014||1,254.50||0.66%||75.77|
|5 March 2014||1,337.00||4.00%||78.80|
|7 April 2014||1,299.00||-2.84%||76.56|
|6 May 2014||1,306.25||0.56%||76.99|
|5 June 2014||1,252.50||-4.11%||73.82|
|30 June 2014^||$0.84133|
|7 July 2014||1,313.00||4.00%||76.78|
|5 August 2014||1,284.75||-2.15%||75.12|
|5 September 2014||1,266.00||-1.46%||74.03|
|6 October 2014||1,195.75||-5.55%||69.92|
|5 November 2014||1,142.00||-4.50%||66.78|
|5 December 2014||1,194.00||4.00%||69.45|
|5 January 2015||1,200.00||0.50%||69.80|
|5 February 2015||1,259.25||4.00%||72.59|
|5 March 2015||1,202.00||-4.55%||69.29|
|7 April 2015||1,211.00||0.75%||69.81|
|5 May 2015||1,197.00||-1.16%||69.00|
|5 June 2015||1,164.60||-2.71%||67.13|
|30 June 2015||$0.6306|
|6 July 2015||1,166.00||0.21%||67.21|
|5 August 2015||1,085.10||-6.94%||62.55|
|7 September 2015||1,119.50||3.17%||64.53|
|5 October 2015||1,139.75||1.81%||65.70|
|5 November 2015||1,106.30||-2.93%||63.77|
|7 December 2015||1,075.80||-2.76%||62.01|
|5 January 2016||1,077.00||0.11%||62.08|
|5 February 2016||1,150.35||4.00%||64.57|
|7 March 2016||1,267.90||4.00%||67.15|
|5 April 2016||1,231.25||-2.89%||65.21||$0.6521 (Final Value)|
* Unit Value: Investors please not this is an indicative price provided by the hedge provider. Any investors seeking to redeem prior to maturity may recieve an amount significantly different to the Indicative Unit Value stated.
^ 28 June 2013 & 30 June 2014 pricing provided for end of financial year reporting requirements. This is not a monthly observation date.
- While the Units pay a fixed income in the form of Semi-Annual Coupons, there is no guarantee that the Units will generate returns in excess of the Total Investment Amount (comprising the Issue Price for each Unit and any Application Fee paid). Additionally, in the event of an Investor requested Issuer Buy-Back, an Early Maturity Event, you will not receive a refund on the Total Investment Amount.
- “Downside risk – If a Knock-in Event has not occurred, the Final Value at Maturity will be equal to or greater than the Initial Issue Price per Unit. In this way, Investors are protected against the effect on the Final Value of a fall in the Strategy Value over the Investment Term of less than 30% of the Initial Strategy Value for Investors who acquire the Units during the Initial Offer Period hold the Units to Maturity. This does not apply if a Knock-in Event occurs, if there is Early Maturity of the Units for any reason or if the Units are subject to Issuer Buy-Back.”
- Your return is affected by the performance of the Reference Asset. There is no guarantee that the Reference Asset will perform well.
- Investors who acquire Units during the Secondary Offer Period at an Issue Price above the Initial Issue Price will receive a lower overall return, or make a greater loss, as the Coupons and Final Value are calculated by reference to the Initial Issue Price.
- The Strategy Value is calculated by the Monthly Return (subject to a performance cap of 4%) and multiplying the Monthly Return to the product of all previous monthly returns. Due to the way that the Monthly Return is calculated, Investors are not exposed to any increases in the Reference Asset of over 4% across a single month.
- The relevant Reference Asset for Series 2 (the price of gold bullion as measured by the Gold Spot Price (London Gold Market Fixing Ltd – LBMA PM Fixing Price/USD) may not perform well. This may be caused by a number of factors, including global, country, industry or asset specific factors.