Growth Plan 8:
Sequoia Growth Plan 8 offers investors the potential to receive fixed growth returns, linked to a basket of Australian shares:
CBA, WBC, BHP and RIO.
Growth Plan 8:
The Investment has the potential to pay 9.2% p.a.[i] (or 2.3% per quarter for each quarter that has passed (not compounded)), paid on the first Auto Call Date that ALL the Shares are above the respective Auto Call Level[ii]; Investors would be exposed to a loss, if after 1 year, one of the Shares has fallen 30% or more.
Investors have the potential to received 9.2% return plus their original capital after 1 year, even if the Worst Performing Share in the basket has fallen by up to 30%;
- Returns: The Plan Return[i] Amounts require ALL the shares to be above the respective Auto Call Level on the relevant Auto Call Date. If ALL the Shares are not higher than their respective Auto Call Levels on any of the Auto Call Dates, then the Plan Return Amount will NOT be included in the Final Value
- Total Investment Outlay: There is no guarantee that the Units will generate returns in excess of the Total Investment Outlay (comprising the Issue Price for each Unit and any Upfront Adviser Fee paid).
- Risk of Loss: If a Plan reaches maturity and the price of the Worst Performing Share in the Plan Basket is at or below the Knock-in Level (70% of the respective Starting Price for Plan 1) a Knock-in Event occurs and Investors will be exposed to the negative performance of the Worst Performing Share in the Plan Basket. Importantly, if the Worst Performing Share has fallen to zero, Investors will have lost their Total Investment Outlay (being the Issue Price per Unit and any Application Fee Paid).
- Knock In Event: A Knock-in Event occurs if, on the Scheduled Maturity Date, the Worst Performing Share in the Plan Basket is at or below the Knock-in Level: 70% of its Initial Starting Price (i.e. a fall of 30% or more) on the Maturity Date. Investors will be exposed to the negative performance of the Worst Performing Share in the Plan Basket.
- Early Maturity: The Units may mature early following an Early Maturity Event, including as a result of an Auto Call Event, Adjustment Event or Market Disruption Event or if your request for an Issuer Buy-Back is accepted. If the Units are subject to Early Maturity for any reason other than in the case of an Auto Call Event, you will not be entitled to a refund of the Total Investment Outlay (comprising the Issue Price for each Unit and any Upfront Adviser Fee paid) and the amount that the Issuer receives from the Hedge Provider may be significantly less than would have otherwise occurred had the Investment reached Maturity. In the case of an Auto Call Event, the Investor will receive the Delivery Parcel at Maturity, unless an Investor elects the Agency Sale Option in the relevant annual Notice of Maturity.
- Counterparty Risk: Payment of the Final Value depends on the Issuer meeting its obligations and the Hedge Counterparty’s ability to meet their obligations under the Hedge. Investors are subject to counterparty credit risk with respect to the Issuer and the Hedge Counterparty.
- Other Risks: For a comprehensive description of the risks please refer to Section 2 “Key Risks” section in the Term Sheet PDS and Section 2 “Risks” of the Master PDS.
- Investor Notice 6 February 2017 – Change of Key Dates and Potential Return set at 9.2% p.a
- Investor Notice – 21 November 2017 – Accepting retail investors on exception.
- Term Sheet PDS – Growth Plan Series 8
- Master PDS, no loan
Initial Staring Prices
(used to determine an Auto Call Event or Knock In Event)
- Staring Price
- Approx Share Price required to Autocall at end first quarter
Growth Plan 8 Performance
|28-Sep-2018||$71.41 (-12.82%)||$27.93 (-12.85%)||$34.64 (33.69%)||$78.76 (21.37%)|
- 6 February 2018
- Matured and paid out
.*This represents an indicative level for unwinding your investment on the reporting date and is an indication of the market value of the investment.
This website has been prepared by the Issuer for general promotional purposes only and is not an offer to sell or solicitation to buy any financial products. This website does not constitute personal advice and has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider obtaining professional advice as to whether this financial product suits your objectives, financial situation or needs before investing. The Issuer may, in its discretion, extend or shorten the Offer Period for the Units without prior notice. If this happens, the Commencement Date and one or more consequential dates for the Units may vary. The Issuer may also defer the Commencement Date for the Units, in which case the Maturity Dates and other consequential dates for the Units may vary. If the Issuer varies the Offer Period or the Commencement Date for the Units, it will post a notice on the website informing applicants of the change at www.sequoiasi.com.au.
You should seek independent advice in relation to the tax implications of your investment.
Units in Sequoia Growth Plan 8 are issued by Sequoia Specialist Investments Pty Ltd (ACN 145 459 936) (the “Issuer”) and arranged by Sequoia Asset Management Ltd (ACN 094 107 034, AFSL 341506). Investments in the Sequoia Growth Plan 7 can only be made by completing an Application Form attached to the Term Sheet Product Disclosure Statement dated on or around 1 November 2016 (“Term Sheet PDS”) and submitting it to Sequoia Specialist Investments Pty Ltd (ABN 67 145459 936). A copy of the Term Sheet PDS and Master PDS can be obtained by contacting Sequoia Asset Management on 02 8114 2222, accessing them through Sequoia’s website at www.sequoiasi.com.au, or contacting your financial adviser. You should consider the Term Sheet PDS and Master PDS before deciding whether to invest in Units in Sequoia Growth Plan 8. Capitalised terms in this flyer have the meaning given to them in Section 8 “Definitions” of the Master PDS.
[i] The Minimum Plan Return required for the Issuer to proceed with the issue of the Plan is 8%. If the Minimum Plan Return for a Plan cannot be set at or above the relevant minimum level, the Issuer will not proceed with the issue of the Plan. The Issuer may alter the Commencement Date for a Plan, in which case the Maturity Date and other consequential dates for the Plan or Series may vary.
[ii] The Auto Call Level is based on the Closing Price of the each of the individual Shares comprising the Plan Basket on the Commencement Date (set as 31 January 2017 until otherwise notified). The Starting Price is used for determining the Knock-in Levels and Auto Call Levels.